Join us for our Next Monthly Meeting:
Thursday, March 16
5:15 - 6:00pm: Doors Open for Networking
Network with Members, Guests and Vendors. MREI vendors pass out free Raffle Tickets to those who stop to chat. Be sure to stop by each vendor table for valuable information.
6:00 - 6:45pm: Ask the Expert with Wendy Patton
Wendy Patton will share a Market Update with applicable Market Trends.
From 2016 and where we are heading in 2017!
Interest Rates, Affordability, Housing Prices, and many National Real Estate Trends!
Plus, Haves and Wants
7:15 - 7:30pm: Vendor Raffle and MREI Announcements
MREI vendors will raffle off their items. You must be present to win. Don't miss MREI's announcements with upcoming event information!
7:30 - 9:00pm: Main Meeting Event with John Hyre
John Hyre is an Attorney, Accountant and Real Estate Investor. You will not want to miss an un-forgettable night packed full of information! John Hyre is back by Popular Demand and he will share with you the importance of keeping proper books and learning the basics of what you can and cannot do with an IRA/401k.
Is this your first time attending an MREI Monthly Meeting?
Your FIRST Monthly Meeting is FREE! Print a Free Guest Pass at the top right corner of this page!
If you haven't joined as a member and used your Free Guest Pass, then there will be a $20 door fee. If you join MREI before the meeting is over, your $20 door fee will be applied to your new membership!
Register now for the next MREI Workshop
MREI One Day Workshop
Saturday, March 18
9:00am - 4:00pm
Troy Community Center
Featuring, John Hyre
Click Here to Register for the Workshop
Bookkeeping Basics and Tax Planning for Investors!
What you will Learn at the Workshop:
Three and a Half Hours of Real Estate Bookkeeping Basics in Quickbooks
o Live Real Estate Company Quickbooks Set Up, Step-by-Step
o Learn the Simple Accounting for:
- Funding the Company
- Getting Property Purchases and Sales on the Books
- Producing an Income Statement for Each Property
- Producing a Balance Sheet for Each Property
- How to Record Everyday Transactions
If you are not keeping Excellent books, you:
o Are subject to automatic IRS penalties
o Are overpaying your return preparer
o Cannot plan to minimize your taxes
o Can forget about your entities providing asset protection
o Don’t know your business!
Three and a Half Hours of IRA / 401(k) Questions and Answers
Object of Class: Learn the basics of what you can and cannot do with an IRA / 401(k), both with your own and when using money from others’ accounts. Learn high-yield techniques to balloon income, tax-free of course. How to avoid disqualification of IRA (Prohibited Transaction Rules) and avoid paying tax in IRA (UBIT or Unrelated Business Income Tax). How to use LLC’s in IRA, including deciding whether or not LLC makes sense for you. Examples of investments in IRA, including to super-charge rentals, how many flips can be run and other RE-related techniques. Plain English format, open for Q&A throughout.
o Prohibited Transaction Rules
o When IRA’s are Taxable: UBIT (Unrelated Business Income Tax)
o IRA-Owned / Checkbook LLC’s
o Investment Options (with Examples)
This is a Very Popular and Must Attend Class!
Cost to Attend - Early Bird Pricing through March 16
Premier Members: FREE - Please Pre-Register
General Members: $49
Click Here to Register for the One Day Workshop!
MREI Members get 2% back from The Home Depot
Thanks to MREI and National REIA's connection with Home Depot, active MREI Members can register their ProXtra Account and register their payment cards and receive 2% back on their purchase on top of any other discounts they may be eligible for. Again, did we say FREE money?! Rehabbers, Property Managers, Contractors, Homeowners...know someone who could use this benefit? Sign up for an MREI Membership today!
Click Here to Join Now!
Additional Home Depot Benefits you Receive as an MREI Member:
Home Depot has put together an amazing Paint and Appliance Program for the Members of National REIA!
We have a custom catalog for appliances for you to choose what you are looking for in a selected group at great prices. Our new program includes:
- French Door and Side By Side Refrigerators
- Top Freezers Refrigerators
- Microwaves and Cooktops
- Ranges / Wall oven
Here's how you can take advantage of the deep discounts:
- Download the Home Depot Appliance Program Catalog (.PDF)
- Download the Home Depot Appliance Program Order Form (.XLSX) (Members Only)
- Fill out your 'Customer Information' and 'Delivery Information' in the top two sections of the order form.
- On the order form to select the appliance type, click into the first cell under the '1. Select Type' column and then click the Dropdown Arrow to the right of the cell to select from a list of available appliance types.
- On the order form to select the item, click into the first cell under the '2. Select Item Description' column and then click the Dropdown Arrow to the right of the cell to select from a list of available items.
- Important: On the order form make sure you enter your Home Depot Pro number in the [ACCOUNT NUMBER HERE] field at the bottom. (Your Home Depot Account number is available inside your Home Depot Pro account, click here to login)
- Once you have finished filling out the order form, â€˜Save' the complete order form to your computer.
- Email the complete Home Depot Appliance Program Order Form as an attachment to Yow_prodesk@homedepot.com with the subject line â€˜Appliance Order - [YOUR HOMEDEPOT PRO NUMBER HERE]'
- Once your appliance order has been emailed to the email address above it will be processed within 24-48 hours and someone from your local store will be in touch via the 'Buyerâ€™s Phone Number' provided on the Order Form.
The new National Paint Program for all National REIA Members is very simple. You will receive 20% off Interior and Exterior Paints and Primers including all of the Home Depot quality paints - Behr, Kilz, Glidden & Zinsser! All you have to do is key in the number you used to register in Pro XTRA at the checkout to take advantage of the savings.
Other valuable benefits of the paint program include a PRO Paint Specialist in every store to help with your paint projects and free job site deliveries on all orders over 25 gallons.
To check your registered phone number log into your Pro Xtra account here.
Download the Home Depot Paint Flyer (.PDF)
If you have any questions about how to order appliances through our new Home Depot Appliance Program you can call 888-762-7342 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Michigan Real Estate Investors - MREI Monthly Meetings:
Our Meetings are the 3rd Thursday of each month (except December)
MSU Mgt Education Center
811 W. Square Lake Rd
Troy, MI 48098